International Systems Engineer Day
Systems Engineers, we love them!
At the heart of innovation, design, architecture, good engineering practice and all round technological awesomeness you will find the Systems Engineer. We may call them many things, such as Systems Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Systems Integrators, Architects, Systems Analysts and so forth.
These Professionals thrive on using their technical expertise and passion for technology to design and build innovative Systems to meet business needs.
They find their true stride in delivering a solution that both pushes the leading edge of technology whilst also ensuring that it can be easily operated and maintained by those who will look after it day to day.
What's the Day all about?
The system that is sending and receiving your email, your company webiste, the file sharing system you use at work. These are just some examples of systems you may be using that someone somewhere designed, built and tested before empowering you with it to use.
Systems Engineers are critical to the success of systems implementations and in turn are key contributors to the success of business. We need not forget the great job these specialists do and take the time to stop and give them our appreciation.
International Systems Engineer Day, or Sys Engineer Day, is the perfect opportunity to show your Systems Engineers how important they are! Additionally, for those that are Systems Engineers, it's a great chance to self-reflect and pat yourself on the back for all the awesome systems you've implemented!
How can we celebrate?
No, we're not saying light up a massive fireworks display. Well, you could if you really wanted to!
There are many great, simple and cost effective ideas that can be used to show your local Systems Engineers how much you appreciate their awesomeness. Here are some ideas, but be creative and tailor them as you see fit.
- A few drinks on the house after work
- Early afternoon off or late morning in
- A morning/afternoon treats like donuts or a few cans of their favorite soda (engineers love energy drinks!)
- A bottle or case of their favorite beer/wine
- Tickets to an upcoming movie
- Food basket for the individual/team
- Big cake for the team to share
- A company notice/intranet post acknowledging them
- A pat on the back and a simple thank you will even do!
- And most importantly! HIGH-FIVE YOUR EXPERT!